The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
IT Infrastructure Manager, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- The IT Infrastructure Manager will manage a team of Windows system administrators and systems engineers to support the customer mission.
- Manage technology projects including servers, virtualization, monitoring, patching, data backup and disaster recovery of critical government systems.
- Experience requirements include, but are not limited to: Windows enterprise solution experience, Hyperconvergence, virtualization with VMware knowledge and experience, patching and monitoring systems, deployment to Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud and management, the ability to support security compliance with latest FISMA and NIST and other industry standards.
- General networking and security (firewalls, VPN) knowledge and experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Servers, Nutanix, Cohesity, VMware vSphere, Solarwinds, Cylance, and Active Directory.
- Implement a HyperConverged Infrastructure.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for senior management and other staff.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, networking and Data Center projects.
- Drive all assigned technical project management activities related to Infrastructure, networking, COTS application implementations and server upgrades.
- Lead and manage projects throughout the entire project lifecycle from inception through deployment and closing.
- Partner effectively with the System Owner/Lead and Technical SMEs to drive scoping and planning for the project.
- Control and monitor project budget, scope, schedule, progress, and risks including timely communication to internal and external project stakeholders. Provide weekly dashboards/status reports per PMO requirements.
- Align IT technologies to complement and support the operation of the business.
- Prioritize and manage IT requests.
- Drive alignment of the application/domain roadmap with the overall IT roadmap.
- Support the preparation of cost/effort estimates for internal and external work.
- Manage day to day IT operations.
- Ensure IT systems are security compliant with most recent FISMA, NIST and other security standards.
- Cloud service Migration, deployment, monitoring and support.
- Lead hyper-convergence migration.
- Excellent track record of organizing and leading teams to deliver exceptional customer service – will lead a team of 10-20 people.
- 10+ years of experience providing Systems Administration and Engineering with Windows 2012 and 2016 Server and their respective services (Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, GPOs)
- 5+ years of experience managing IT service delivery in an enterprise class environment.
- 5+ years of experience in managing Projects in support of service automation and IT support.
- 1+ years hands on experience implementing and supporting hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Recent, demonstrated hands-on experience with the following: Microsoft Windows Servers, Nutanix, Cohesity, VMware vSphere, Solarwinds, and Active Directory.
- Experience in cloud services such as Microsoft Azure Cloud/Amazon AWS deployment, management and migration.
- Recent, demonstrated practical expertise with practices including ITIL/ITSM Service Management, Microsoft Operations Framework, SLA management.
- Able to develop a positive, supportive, team oriented work environment.
- Able to develop and continuously improve operational processes and practices.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for end-users, problem ticket escalation, and proactive service/support.
- Ability to provide coaching, technical guidance, and training to team members.
- Ability to guide the team and directly assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document requirements, including validating requirements with stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- ServiceNow experience.
- PMI/PMP certification for project management.
- Microsoft A+, MCSE, or other related technical certifications.
- BA or BS degree in an IT related major
Applicant selected will be subject to a security background investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for a Federal Government Public Trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job