The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Data Analyst, Towson, MD
Our client is seeking a Data Analyst for a contract opportunity in Towson, MD.
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizens or Greencard Holders ONLY due to government client requirements
Background/Clearance Requirements: Public Trust Background investigation required
Location: Must be on-site at first in Towson. Potential to become remote employee after trial period and approval will be based on performance.
Will be part of a 2-person team that has a lot of visibility with the Customer.
- Develop algorithms based on deep-dive statistical analysis and predictive data modeling used to increase efficiency and provide knowledge and insight for customer and business solutions.
- Construct methodologies for analyses that will best answer key business issues.
- Develop SQL scripts to extract specific, complex data from multiple tables/databases to execute different analyses pertaining to specific business questions.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships (i.e., patterns, trends) from large amounts of Medicare & Medicaid data using Python and R.
- Collect, manipulate, analyze, evaluate, and display data using visualization tools such as matplotlib, seaborn, bokeh, and ggplot2.
- Develop, tune, and test predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms to provide projection of future Medicare trends and costs including Regression, Classification Trees, and Clustering.
- Report results of analysis within operations teams as well as to the customer through documentation and visualization and provide recommendations to solve the problem.
- Collaborate with IT teams to develop and maintain applications, automations, and system edits that reflect the methodologies and results of analysis.
- Research data to identify potential fraud and inaccurate cost reporting.
- Perform validations on spreadsheets for financial and operational accuracy.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to the appropriate operational tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.(Experience or course study in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Data Science)
- Strong statistical, analysis and writing skills.
- 5+ years of related data analysis experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel).
- Experience in Programming Languages – Python, R, SQL are strongly preferred.
- Experience in data mining and manipulation preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Predictive modeling expertise.
- Proficiency in problem solving and critical thinking.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job