Mid Level Network Specialist (CCNP, CCIE Written), Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Mid Level Network Specialist (CCNP, CCIE Written) for a contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Will support several projects in a large federal agency in Woodlawn, MD. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Survey network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers. Define equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre-engineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Manage field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Continually review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS).
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 3 years of relative experience, or 9 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Written REQUIRED
- 3 years of hands-on network experience
- 2 years of hands-on experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium to large enterprise networks
- Demonstrate an understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) due to government client requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a position of US Public Trust Basic
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Passed the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Written examination.
- Passed VMWare Data Center Virtualization or End User Computing examination.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS.
- Prior hands on experience with Cisco networks.
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies.
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each.
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job