The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Principal Systems Administrator (VMWare), Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Administrator (VMWare) for a contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Our client is seeking a Principal/ Senior Principal Systems Administrator (VMware) to support several projects for a large federal agency. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Support the current operating system and developed desktop images on the Microsoft Windows workstations, laptops and tablets.
- Support Virtual Machine infrastructure for the Cyber Security applications.
- Provide third-level support to problem records opened in by end-users.
- Participate in problem management reporting, resolution and documentation.
- Manage the queue of problem tickets assigned.
- Document steps taken to resolve a problem.
- Perform technical review of application and configuration changes via a Change Control Board (CCB) process as assigned.
- As assigned, document configuration or procedural changes resulting from troubleshooting and problem resolution performed for inclusion in the desktop image via the CCB process.
- As assigned, document and test the required application and configuration changes for the desktop image as assigned via the CCB process.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of IT experience, Master's degree and 8+ years of IT experience, or 14+ years of IT experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a VMware Administrator/Engineer in a working in a VMware infrastructure environment
- Must hold a VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization certificate OR must be able to obtain the VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization certificate within 90 days of hire
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident due to government requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to act as the point person to solve critical issues
- Hands on experience managing a virtual infrastructure for desktop environments running on Horizon View
- Hands on experience working with VMware vRealize Suite products, specifically Automation, Operations Manager and Log Insight
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job