The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
DevOps Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
Our Client is looking for a DevOps Engineer - they are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. They value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on our customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have working knowledge of Oracle Database, SQL Server database management, and knowledge of IaaS/PaaS management for the following products: IBM, Oracle Database, BEA WebLogic, DataMirror, COGNOS ReportNet, Sun Identity Management Suite, JAVA, JVM, J2EE, Snowflake, Databricks, and Barracuda NGFW.
- 1-2 years of experience with maintain Azure workloads as a DevOps engineer in an Agile environment.
- 1-2 years of experience as SCM/release engineer, or in a position with demonstrated similar skill sets and responsibilities
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with configuration management technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar).
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux system administration especially in Ubuntu and RedHat.
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience in automating manual processes using a scripting language such as Unix Shells (bash, ksh) and Ant.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, developers, QA and ownership teams to resolve issues.
- Experience with WebSphere application server.
- Good working experience on Web Services, REST/JSON Services.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation.
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (MVC).
- Strong knowledge of database design principals.
- Strong experience with maintaining relational databases across geographical regions including Oracle/DB2/MySQL/SQL Server and PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework.
- Experience with both Azure and AWS.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job