The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Salesforce Developer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Package and deploy applications for production.
- Develop software components to support data enrichment and transformation in a high traffic transactional data and data warehouse environment.
- Provide development estimates outlining business and technical risks.
- Develop and deploy software in an incremental process that is potentially shippable with each iteration.
- Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to division initiatives
- Provide technical and business explanation and justification for architectural, design, and coding approaches.
- Work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.
- Execute thorough unit and integration test cases for developed solutions.
- Develop data persistence and transmission based on commercial and open source relational databases.
- Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.
- Produce high quality software following best practices and established standards such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Plan, design, enforce, and audit policies and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and data elements.
- Development/maintenance and defect resolution of code.
- Attendance at daily scrum to discuss accomplishments, plans and blockers.
- Adherence to agile process and defined development standards including technical design specifications (TDS), code reviews, unit and integration testing.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficient with SOQL, and/or SQL.
- 1-3 years of experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via web services, SOQL, Data Loader, Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall projects, and all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, integration, user acceptance testing, maintenance.
- Understanding of Salesforce.com architecture and API’s, including Salesforce integration with 3rd party solutions.
- Experience documenting current state technical data flows and making recommendations for future state improved processes/designs and driving the solution to the future state.
- Experience or knowledge in various Salesforce.com APIs like SOAP, REST, BULK, and Streaming API.
- Can lead and mentor junior Salesforce developers.
- Expert understanding of IT governance including environment management, release management, source code control management, and deployment methodologies – Can help create and implement best in class processes.
- Post-release product support and driving continuous improvements.
- Experience in overseeing the direction, development, implementation, and maintenance of Salesforce technical solutions.
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Project
- Previous Healthcare IT experience is desirable
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
- Experience in web-designing, HTML5, CSS3, Hibernate, Git
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, synchronously and asynchronously
- Experience in creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation and triggers
- Experience in Salesforce Out of the Box functionality
- Experience in data management and data loading tools such as Data Loader
- Strong understanding of release management and change management
- Ability to develop technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job