BigFix Engineer, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a BigFix Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
- US Citizens and Green Card holders Only, due to Government Requirements.
Background/Clearance Requirements: Public Trust Background investigation required.
Work Schedule: 8 am - 5 pm Mon through Fri with some nights and/or weekend work as needed.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC’s IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC.
- Perform day-to-day activities required to distribute application/software/ patch packages and deploy operating systems using BigFix to end user hardware.
- Ensure all hardware is within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and remediating discrepancies.
- Provide information and data utilized for asset reporting.
- Complete overall patch/release management as well as ensure all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identify, manage, and monitor for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures.
- Troubleshoot related issues for users and performs problem resolution in regard to related service requests.
- Provides subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages.
- Provides subject matter expertise for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS, Application, Network, GPO, etc).
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk.
- Perform assigned tasks independently
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years experience or equivalent work experience in-lieu of education will be considered
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of related experience distributing application and software packages using a remote deployment tool, specifically IBM BigFix.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience architecting and building enterprise solutions using Microsoft Windows Server including minimum of three (3) years of environments in environments over 3,000 users.
- Must have five (5) years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows workstations with a minimum of Group Policy creation/modification/maintenance at the domain and local level, vulnerability remediation (software and configuration), application support/troubleshooting, and enterprise OS imaging.
- Must have experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance.
- Required BigFix module experience:
- Asset Discovery
- Software Usage and Analysis
- Operating System Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging
- Power Management
- Remote Control
- Software Distribution
- Server Automation
- Security and Compliance (SCA)
- Vulnerability Management
- Configuration Management
- Patch Management
- Extensive experience working within Federal Government environments.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience maintaining technical data and documentation.
- MCSE certification (Current or Legacy) or similar MS certification.
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Endpoint Manager V9.2.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job