The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Data Scientist, Germantown, MD
Our client is seeking a Data Scientist for a contract to hire opportunity in Germantown, MD.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Will be part of a team that will develop a data analytics platform to monitor fraud and abuse.
- Degree(s) in Engineering or related fields from reputed institutes.
- Ability to work with team members of varying experience levels through data science, product and software development life cycles.
- Experience using Spark MLlib (A Must) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Java, Scala
- Extensive Advanced SQL skills
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Must be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
- Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job