The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
AWS Cloud Architect (Infrastructure), Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking an AWS Certified Cloud Architect (Infrastructure) for a contract opportunity in Rockville, MD.
NOTE: US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only, due to Government Requirements.
Seeking a passionate AWS Cloud Architect (Infrastructure) to join our client's team as a subject matter expert in cloud services, providers and platforms. They will be the leader of a highly technical cloud team that is responsible for providing engineering support and implementation services to a large Federal customer in a diverse IT environment. The cloud architect will be responsible for providing overall technical strategy but also have a willingness to participate in implementation as necessary. This subject matter expert keeps their skills sharp and wants to help other teams gain knowledge and trust in a Cloud-first mentality.
- Serve as the cloud subject matter expert who provides strategy and architecture recommendations for the organization and leadership.
- Oversee the cloud program from both a technical and non-technical perspective, managing a team of cloud engineers and their deliverables.
- Develop and document the framework for technical standards within the cloud platform.
- Engage with customers to understand business and systems requirements, advise on platform and tools, solution and oversee the implementation of end to end solutions within a large and diverse IT environment.
- Design and define cloud system architecture including the integration of multiple platforms, operating system, and applications.
- Coordinate with other IT teams in the environment to bring about technical transformation and adoption of Cloud platform.
- Keep abreast of Cloud computing trends and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and AWS Cloud platform engineering
- Detail-oriented approach to work, highly organized, and effective communications skills in both an oral and written format.
- Significant experience in solutioning, architecting, designing, migrating and operating a cloud environment.
- Significant experience in providing system architecture and application architecture recommendations.
- Experience in a leadership role with the ability to motivate and manage a team of technical professionals.
- Understanding of and hands-on experience with FedRAMP requirements and cloud-based security controls within a Federal space.
- Knowledge of multiple Cloud provider offerings - AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience working with a team using modern work management approaches such as Lean or Agile
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect Certifications and/or VMWare Certification.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job