Senior Firewall Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking an Senior Firewall Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
As a Senior Firewall Engineer, you will be required you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
- Work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices.
- Design, implement and maintain security standards/policies/procedures.
- Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes.
- Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management process.
- Must be a self-starter, disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity.
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct is a must.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- The position will be to Lead the Firewall Engineering and Operations team (about 12 people).
- You will be responsible for resource loading all engineering projects (External, Internal, or Customer Centric).
- Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Palo Alto, Firepower, Fortinet.
- You will assist in determining priority and of level of effort for the required projects and be responsible for determining how many project can be executed simultaneously.
- Ensure the team has required documentation for the baseline of the firewall infrastructure.
- Assist with development of new processes and/or refinement of current processes.
- Ability to manage SR/CR assignments and ensuring timely closure on each.
- Establish a service model for the team to include definition of capabilities, services provided, and a costing model for the firewall team.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported
- The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls (at least Checkpoint, Cisco ASAs, Juniper, FireMon) and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues.
- Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network.
- Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job