Solution Architect SME, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Solution Architect SME for a contract to hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
Seeking a Solution Architect with over 10 years of delivering technical solutions to be responsible for shaping and participating on top priority pursuits in all phases of the business development life cycle to include opportunity assessment, Deal Strategy workshops, Black Hat competitive assessments, competitive technical solutioning, Price to Win development, Pricing Strategy, Pricing reviews, and post-submission activities.
- The Solution Architect will be a subject matter expert in our fast-paced growing environment supporting new business capture by developing innovative solutions.
- The individual will be teamed with Capture and Operations personnel to help uncover and develop best-in-class solutions to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for defining and driving the technical direction of prospective business opportunities, developing system architectures, and providing technical leadership for proposals and strategic pursuits.
- Assess market level technology trends as well as capabilities of complementary solutions enabling larger scale solution offerings.
- Review RFP documents to understand scope of work and customer needs to develop an overarching solution to be proposed as part of the solicitation response.
- Propose new and innovative solutions to the most complex challenges.
- Assist with determining level of effort estimates for various efforts, using information provided as part of the solicitation documentation, to determine most cost efficient and effective staffing approaches.
- Develop IT-based solutions consisting of contextual, conceptual, and logical architectures using standards-based, rigorous methodologies and practices.
- Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV, Criteria-based Decision Analysis and/or other proven methodologies.
- Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades.
- Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers.
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including scheduling of tasks, processes, and identifying critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal.
- Develop and write technical responses for winning proposals and RFI responses.
- Review customer provided information and outside sources to understand potential issues/ problems currently faced and develop approach to solving these problems.
- Stay current on latest technologies and solutions in the industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline, Master’s degree desired.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Systems Engineering/Architecture and software development.
- Experience with developing proposals for Defense Health Agency (DHA) and Department of Defense (DoD) is preferred.
- Experience supporting proposal efforts, comprising a diverse matrixed team of technical specialists, and involving the development of novel or innovative new solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of mission challenges and issues confronting customers.
- Understanding of Federal contracting and procurement.
- Experience leading architecture of application integration, migration, and sustainment solutions involving understanding of software support, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Knowledge of requirements analysis and development to include requirements allocation to software systems functionality.
- Proficient in implementing Agile, Dev Ops and other SW development methodologies.
- Proficient in implementing and/or migrating technical solutions in AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud for Federal / State Government Customers.
- Good to have exposure in latest technologies such as Blockchain, AI, ML, RPA, DPA etc.
- Understand current production/technology strategy and environments in the industry and Federal Government using industry knowledge or customer supplied information.
- IT specific domain knowledge, including ITIL; End user computing; Network engineering; Enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of information systems engineering processes and, in particular, system design and solution development processes.
- Experience in developing cyber security solutions.
- Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to make strategic as well as tactical decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes.
- Demonstrated customer interface skills and strong interpersonal skills including extensive experience working closely with teammates and customers to identify and develop solutions.
- Proven ability to develop system architectures and system designs of varying complexity for federal government organizations.
- Proficiency with a combination of software products and expert proficiency with multiple operating systems and coding languages.
- Ability to lead and support technical design and architecture development. This may include producing designs including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Extensive technical breadth, through experience in the IT industry. This breadth should be in areas of application development, and IT Infrastructure/services.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job