The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Server Specialist 3, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Server Specialist 3 for a contract to hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
Background/Clearance Requirements: Public Trust Background investigation required.
Primary responsibility will be to create, automate and maintain a server build ecosystem that can meet and/or exceed the server build service level agreements (SLA).Your goal will be to streamline, automate and deliver servers to the requestor within a predefined timeframe.
- Supervise the architecture and development of Linux and Windows server build infrastructure
- Develop server build process that supports SLA objectives
- Build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or template
- Perform high level troubleshooting and resolution of the server build infrastructure
- Manage\Administer VMware virtual machines
- Perform networking, Storage and Server level administration
- Experience with scripting and automating processes (Ansible, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, etc.,)
- Performs imaging of servers utilizing common imaging tools.
- Performs patching, hardening, and automated deployments.
- Manage IP services and storage required to build a server from start to finish
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience or a degree and 6+ years of related experience or Master’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience. (Degree must be in IT or computer related fields.) Technology relevant certification can substitute 1 year of work experience.
- Experience implementing & supporting enterprise-class Server and Virtualization Technologies.
- Experience with setting up and administering automation/configuration management tools - experience with Ansible or other relevant automation tool.
- Must have experience managing/leading technical teams.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of operations and scaling within the cloud environment.
- Must have experience troubleshooting complex multi-platform operating system issues.
- Must have experience managing systems through monitoring, operating System installation, vulnerability management, security compliance, and network administration.
- Must have experience administrating servers and systems in a multi-vendor server operating systems.
- Experience working in a virtualized environment is required.
- Required experience in server build orchestration and automation.
- Experience with Red Hat – Enterprise Linux, Identity Management (IdM) and Satellite preferred.
- Must have experience in maintenance and management of physical hardware.
- Experience in delivering recurring build releases that update the operating system and bundled components that ensure compliance with required patches and version upgrades – Ability to configure, install and upgrade software components, libraries and patches
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, or OS X builds -Ability to ensure security services are enabled and default accounts and passwords are properly configured
- Setup and administering automation/configuration management tools - Puppet preferred but experience with Salt, Chef or Ansible is acceptable
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job