The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
IT Project Manager (Infrastructure), Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking an Infrastructure IT Project Manager for a long-term contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Provide IT project management expertise/support for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Serve as a Project Manager/Engineer for multiple complex projects and work orders.
- Responsible for the overall management, planning, integration and engineering of specific work orders or projects / proposals and insuring that the technical solutions are implemented on schedule and within the allocated budget.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares/presents status reports weekly.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with multiple customer and internal stakeholders (customer project leads, program management, various engineering functions, Security, QA, proposal intake team, etc.).
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with the team and the customer.
- Ensures the development of documentation and processes to support the project solution.
- PMP Certification (must also keep current)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent experience
- ITILv3 certified
- BS Degree or equivalent experience and at least 9 years of experience
- Experience managing mid-size to large projects
- Highly proficient with SharePoint/Project server, MS Project, Word, Excel, JIRA and Confluence
- Project Management experience in the implementation of projects across various platforms such as Unix, Sun Solaris, zLinux, Windows, Mainframes, and WebSphere.
- A familiarity and understanding of various functional areas would be helpful (Voice/Data Communications, Unified Communications solutions including VOIP, Cisco networks, F5 Load Balancers, Firewalls, EFT, Remedy/SNOW, Release Management, and Testing).
- A familiarity and understanding of various tools would be helpful (e.g. CA Wily ExtraHop, New Relic, etc.).
- Specific experience in the data center infrastructures environment area is a plus.
- End user computing experience (hardware/software refreshes, service desk support, etc.)
- Product integration experience (implementation of new applications and services, network and capacity planning)
- Ability to lead and participate in customer meetings
- BOM/BOE familiarity/expertise
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to schedule constraints.
- Ability to work and guide developers on policy and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, with customer level audience (attention to detail is very important)
- Prior experience preparing and presenting executive level presentations.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting technical level presentations.
- Prior Experience in leveraging new technologies to solve business problems with appropriate business case development
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job