The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Java Developer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Java Developer for a long term contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to government requirements.
W2 Contractors only. No 1099/Corp to Corp.
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation of complex systems.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile or waterfall projects by designing and developing user interfaces and applications.
- Conduct unit testing to ensure high quality bug free code.
- Decompose business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development.
- Understands the business problem statement, user stories, and technical constraints
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Design and implement scalable and robust approaches to caching, security, and databases
- Develop and use web-based APIs (especially REST-based APIs),
- Implement web programming techniques and frameworks.
- Ensure Section 508 Compliance.
- Knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of relevant work experience, Master’s Degree and 5 years of relevant work experience, or 11 years of experience as a Developer in development environment (such as Java/J2EE) in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Java or J2EE, Websphere, Maven, Git, Jenkins
- Minimum of 4 years of experience utilizing one or more of the following: JEE Security, Java Batch, and EJBRoles
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing, documenting, building and maintaining interactive/dynamic web pages using Java in accordance with SSA best practices and policies. The development environment to be used are Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software (RAS) and Microsoft Visual Studio
- At least 2 year of experience with AWS
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, and MS Visio
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Development, design and production support experience
- Ability to contribute to design and architecture discussions
- Experience in creating design/technical documentation
- Experience in different application servers
- Experience in developing Design patterns and UMLs
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (such as Version One, Rally, or JIRA)
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and SharePoint
- Extensive knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures.
- Extensive experience in Object Relational Mapping technologies like JPA/Hibernate in web service technologies
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing using Junit
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job