Python Developer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Python Developer for a long term contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to government requirements.
W2 Contractors only. No 1099/Corp to Corp.
The Developer will support the OAO initiative. The Developer will utilize extensive experience in software design, development and testing, program installations, and system implementations. Will conduct research for, and maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. Will analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems. As well, as establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop applications that are performant and meet the requirements of the client utilizing Python as well as utilizing C#.
- Contribute to the analysis and development of the final product.
- Providing tests for all code and logic created.
- Schedule code reviews to review all code written and changes made.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Support management and customers in answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Work on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
- Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
- Prepare weekly status reports of accomplished tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of relevant work experience; Master’s Degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or a minimum of 11 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of practical experience developing software using Java, Python, C#, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Python modules: pandas, numpy, Python Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), Allen NLP, scikit learn, Spacy.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience with Python Unit testing tools like Pytest
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with following:
- Experience using RegEx
- Experience in developing Application programming interface (APIs)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Minimum of 3 year of experience with written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to performtechnical documentation, user documentation, and customer presentations as required.
- Ability to develop technical solutions, document the solution architecture, design document using UML.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- Knowledge of Python Web servers: Cherry Py, Gevent or Gunicorn
- Data Modeling, DDL
- Server configuration
- Technical Leadership
- MS Visual Studio.
- Virtualization, Containers, Micro services and Cloud development
- Agile Experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual, and a team player with the ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Prior SSA or Federal government experience.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job