The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Full-Stack Developer (node.js/react.js), Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Full-Stack Developer (node.js/react.js) for a long term contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to government requirements.
W2 Contractors only. No 1099/Corp to Corp.
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for a Disability System.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct testing
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relative experience, or 11 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- 1+ year of experience in at least two of the following technologies: Node.js, and/or React.js, Express.js, NGINX, and Redis
- 1+ year experience using Express, Reactjs, Nodejs with a MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database.
- 1+ year of experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (e.g. such as Rally, JIRA, or Version One)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
- Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP protocol
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js frameworks (e.g. MOBX or FLUX)
- Experience with ECMAScript 6
- Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
- Experience with Container Technologies Docker - (swarm, compose)
- Experience with scheduling and orchestration technologies (kubernetes, zookeeper, etcd, consul)
- Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
- Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
- Experience in post-mortem analysis of a node process
- Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job