The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Data Modeler, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Data Modeler for a long-term contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to government requirements.
W2 Contractors only. No 1099/Corp to Corp.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Converting the Business/User requirements into logical models, conducting data analysis, and translating them to logical models.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Analyze/Develop business description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems, including Business Requirements Documents and supporting documents, diagrams, data and database specification.
- Creating and implementing the physical design, development and maintenance of all of the databases.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Liaise with business customers and business analysts to support the design of intuitive end user reporting.
- Identify critical problems during the data analysis, and work with the EDA's to take necessary steps to resolve them
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architects team
- Provide guidance in developing high-level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with project team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 5 years of relative experience, or 11 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- 7+ years of experience in database analysis/development/building experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in DB2 as a Database Administrator/Architect
- At least 5 years of experience in designing database schemas.
- At least 5 years of experience and Expert knowledge of Relational Database Design, Development, Implementation, and Administration
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Experience setting up and managing DB2 on AWS RDS.
- Experience with data architecture, logical and physical design, reporting and analysis.
- Prior SSA experience
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job