The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Network Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
Note: Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation.
The Senior Network Engineer will apply standardized and consistent engineering methods to ensure reliability, availability, performance, and security of the enterprise network infrastructure and services.
- Design, deploy and maintain network infrastructure and services; utilizing best practices to include ITIL, Agile, Engineering Life Cycle, and Lean IT principles.
- Monitor, evaluate, analyze and tune network performance including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment.
- Participate in defining network standards and procedures.
- Provide second level support for network service related issue/items across the entire enterprise. Serve as an escalation point in troubleshooting network problems; escalate problems to vendor when necessary.
- Promote IT security throughout the network including through the development of network access control, firewalls, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation including reference architectures, diagrams, SOPs, etc.
- Develop, test, evaluate and execute upgrades, enhancements, and new solutions for network services.
- Act as a subject matter expert for network infrastructure and services.
- 10 years of experience with a Bachelors or additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of basic network fundamentals, including but not limited to switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, subnetting, network segmentation, VLANs, QoS, NAT, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience in all phases of the engineering lifecycle including conceptualization, planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, operations and maintenance.
- Ability to drive projects to successful completion in coordination with stakeholders and peers.
- Expertise in identifying new networking solutions or improvements to existing network infrastructure and solutions.
- Focus on customer service over technology.
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Experience engineering network solutions for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience with automation, scripting, and the design of workflows.
- Experience engineering and administering:
- network switches and routers, preferably Extreme Networks.
- enterprise wireless networks, preferably Extreme Networks.
- firewalls, preferably Palo Alto.
- load balancers, preferably F5.
- DHCP/DNS/IPAM, preferably Infoblox.
- network monitoring and management tools such as Extreme Networks XMC, SolarWinds, Cacti, syslog.
- Expertise in the physical infrastructure and environmental considerations of data center and LAN closet facilities, including power, cooling, racks, cable plant and cable management.
- Experience in planning and deploying network infrastructure to newly constructed or renovated buildings, including the construction of standards-based LAN closets.
- Experience in second-level problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to team members and lower level technicians.
- Working knowledge of endpoints on the network, including workstations (Windows, OS X, Linux), scientific equipment, printers, phones, servers, IoT devices, etc.
- Experience in network monitoring and management.
- Understanding and ability to follow industry-proven methodologies, preferably ITIL, Agile, and/or Lean IT.
- Network Professional certifications, preferably Extreme Networks or Cisco
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job