Senior Technical Project Manager, Remote/Woodlawn, MD or Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager for a Direct Hire or Contract to Hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD or Manassas, VA.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder only due to client requirements.
Note: Position will initially be remote, however on-site work will be required post-COVID-19.
This is not your traditional PMBOK role. This is a hybrid Scrum Master/PMBOK position leaning more on the Scrum Master side. This is a dynamic highly visible role doing different things all the time. This Project Manager will be expected to step in and pick up the pieces to get things back on track.
- Oversees the full project management lifecycle for the implementation of strategic IT and business initiatives.
- Will be doing high visibility work.
- Manages the technical life cycle including research, architecture, development, customization, testing, and release.
- Responsible for the management of key projects with the goal of delivering on-time, within budget, and within scope.
- Manages, executes, coordinates, and establishes priorities for projects, including the planning, design, development/programming, implementation, testing, and delivery of business solutions.
- Manages the project issues, risks, open items, decision process, and actions for success of the project.
- Determines project needs and acquires resources required.
- Designs project plans, which identify needs, and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel.
- May coordinate the development of new systems and/or application projects, the modification of existing systems or applications, or changes in current methods and techniques.
- Coordinates project performance with other affected departments or stakeholders.
- Highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- 40%: Plans overall technical project plans, identifying key milestones as part of project/product lifecycle including research, architecture, development, customization, testing, and release.; organizes project information to communicate clearly with team, management, and stakeholders
- 20%: Executes and monitors project schedules and work for efficiency and effectiveness; manages change and scope, and drives delivery progress to achieve project plan within time, budget and resource constraints; manage project meetings with team, management, and stakeholders.
- 20%: Manages employee performance, behavior and provides career development to direct reports.
- 10%: Manages development of project/product deliverables, including software code and infrastructure, if appropriate; coordinates the release plan and execution or project/product deliverables; coordinates demos and launches activities with stakeholders, as appropriate. Project reporting to present project information, status, and updates, including issues and risks. Tracks projects with weekly and monthly status meetings/reporting
- 10%: Contributes to or responsible to modify established body of policies and controls to ensure that successful project management standards are established and followed; supports business development opportunities to expand current business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical field or management or equivalent work and educational experience.
- 6-8 years of related Work Experience.
- Must be certified PMP and Certified Scrum Master.
- Must have prior Federal contracting experience.
- Experience working with technical teams are a must, but you don’t have to necessarily have hands-on Technical experience.
- Must be able to pivot to support various efforts as needed.
- Must be able to step in and support Proposal efforts – writing, etc.
- Ability to support Business Development, Corporate initiatives and assigned contracts.
- Demonstrated experience working across the full technical project/product lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Project and Office creating and managing project schedules.
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager for medium to large projects using Integrated Project Teams.
- Demonstrated experience of project management best practices (e.g., PMBOK).
- Experience identifying and managing risk.
- Proven experience with critical paths, milestone identification, and project dependencies; facilitation of issue resolution across project teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical solution delivery projects with fixed deadlines containing interrelated tasks being performed by multiple teams.
- Experience successfully managing communications between infrastructure teams and software development teams and technology consumers, when appropriate.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven knowledge of a specific technical area, e.g., architecture, design, programming, testing, or operations.
- Excellent client-facing and internal verbal and written communication skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job