The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Business Development Director, McLean, VA
Our client is seeking a Business Development Director for a direct hire opportunity in McLean, VA.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for focusing efforts and maintaining progress in the pursuit of both government and commercial business opportunities working collaboratively with program management, contracts, and finance.
- Develop a strong understanding of both company capabilities and customer issues so as to help align our services to address customer needs and issues.
- Develop short- and long-range plans for new Federal Civilian and DoD markets and expansion of existing Federal Civilian and DoD business pipeline.
- Oversee business pursuits and provide input for prioritization based on CRI overall strategic/operations plans
- Establish and maintain effective liaison/interface at various levels within the customer community, including Government agencies, industry primes and potential subcontractors and teaming partners
- Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers
- Participate in selected Government/Industry Associations and Government briefings to Industry.
- Oversee the use of C2P and coordinate the evaluation of business opportunities and implement established, objective criteria for go/no-go decisions;
- Coordinate all resources necessary to prepare RFIs/proposals/orals, to include use of technical representatives/SMEs where appropriate
- Oversee current opportunity timelines for color team reviews, milestone briefings, and technical reviews on potential and selected opportunities
- Assist the Contracts Director in Bid and Proposal preparation, monitor progress against milestones
- Lead and manage a two-person BD team
- Assesses and reports on competitor activities, capabilities, perceived strategies and new developments
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- A minimum of eight years of Federal business development experience
- Experience with Civilian and DoD market segments
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college/university
- Experience developing and leading relationships with C-Level executives
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new or ongoing business opportunities
- Demonstrated record of successful capture, proposal strategy, and execution
- Experienced with Microsoft PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Ability to lead business development and capture efforts, which may include existing or new customer contact, opportunity identification and analysis, competitive intelligence, gap analysis, teaming strategy, teaming outreach, negotiating teaming agreements and being a key member of proposal response team
- Experience working in a small business federal contractor environment, where everyone works as a team and supports each other as required
- Successful experience managing a team as well as developing and/or managing internal employee BD training programs
- Excellent understanding of government procurement, Federal contracts, regulations and procedures, and operations and maintenance services.
- Expertise in the use of one or more BD-oriented databases such as C2P, BETA.SAM, FPDS.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape in the Federal services market.
- Graphics knowledge is a plus.
- Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills and managerial skills needed.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job