AWS DevOps/DevSecOps SME, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking Development Operations (DevOps)/Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) Operations and Governance Solutions (OGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder due to client requirements.
Residency: All candidates must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Note: Will initially work remote due to current COVID-19 situation, then will be required to be on-site full time once stay at home restrictions are lifted.
Our client is seeking a Development Operations (DevOps)/Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) Operations and Governance Solutions (OGS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join their team of qualified, diverse individuals to provide support services to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Function as a technical subject matter expert to support DevOps process improvements, including CI/CD automation.
- Collaborate closely with CMS and Other MEPS vendors to develop DevOps and DevSecOps standards
- Create POCs adopting industry best practices for CI/CD automation.
- Provide DevOps/DevSecOps Implementation and support services, including
- Application Lifecycle Management and Monitoring (ALM)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (APM)
- Cloud Infrastructure Tools,
- Performance and Security
- Software and Platform Architecture and
- Big Data
- Serve as a technical authority to routinely review technical architecture, application code, database scripts, and build scripts to confirm they are following best practices and CMS guidance to achieve optimal performance and use of budget.
- Keep current on the latest technologies and envision the potential benefits technologies can bring to CMS.
- Provide experienced-based support, recommendations, analysis, and process improvement suggestions.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual tasks and for cross-team collaboration efforts to improve operational efficiency.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on new tools and services and identify methods to reduce technical debt.
- Explain complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders.
- Identify issues, blockers, and implement effective solutions.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced multitasking environment, both collaboratively and independently, with limited direction and remote teams.
- Be available for onsite meetings at the CMS facility on Security Boulevard, Baltimore, upon request.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and ten (10) years of DevOps/DevSecOps support experience or 15 years of related experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Experience working in AWS cloud technologies and various other tools and services provided by AWS with expertise in AWS SysOps administration concepts.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certifications.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in production operations settings in SAFe and cloud environments.
- Must possess sharp attention to detail, have proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up/coordination activities
- Thorough understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps principles
- Experience in migration of mainframe applications to AWS and scripting technologies.
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and how to maintain the security of publicly available web applications.
- Work well under pressing deadlines.
- Experience with AWS cost optimization strategies and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in working with SAFe agile principles.
- Experience with database technologies including but not limited to AWS managed database services, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, SQL, NoSQL, and Microsoft SQL clustering.
- Experience in developing standards and best practices.
- Experience in evaluating various DevOps tools and AWS services and standardizing them across multiple teams.
- Experience with containerization, Docker, and orchestration
- Familiarity with multiple cloud service providers, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP etc.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Jira, Confluence, MS SharePoint, New Relic, Splunk & CloudTamer, GitHub.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be significantly facts and data-oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, including senior-level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team-building culture.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- ITIL certification or Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Experience with CMS/MEPS/MAPD programs a plus.
- Experience with building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job