The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Director of Engineering, Remote
Our client, based out of Elkridge, MD, is seeking a Director of Engineering for a direct hire opportunity.
US Citizens or Green Card Holders only due to client requirements.
Our client is looking for an exceptional Director of Engineering to join their team to develop the next generation healthcare platform. This individual will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in an innovation driven environment where individual creativity is valued.
- Oversee product development, with accountability for consistently delivering superior value to clients.
- Direct the activities of development team and external consultants
- Lead role in delivering architectural designs
- Manage and coach the development team which includes software developers and quality engineers.
- Implement best-in-class tools and technologies (i.e. Azure Data Factory, APIM, Identity Management, Azure ADB2C, OAuth2.0, Power BI etc.), processes and practices in DevOps (i.e. CI/CD, SonarQube, Docker, Kubernetes etc.), quality engineering (QE) to continuously enhance the value provided to clients.
- Ensure technical milestones are achieved on-time and within budget.
- Collaborate with the development team to define technical goals, develop innovative solutions, set technical objectives, develop plans and timelines, and monitor ongoing technical delivery to ensure effective project execution.
- Maintain technology standards across all programs to align with organizational technology standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to support the implementation of large systems.
- Provide quality assurance review of engagement processes and deliverables
- Educational Background
- Bachelor’s in computer science, or equivalent education/experience
- Work Experience
- 8-12 years of experience with 5+ years of management experience
- Experience productizing Rest APIs
- FHIR/HL7 Experience required
- Experience in the healthcare IT industry
- Azure and/or AWS Certifications preferred
- Backend Development
- Spring Boot (Java)
- Node.js (Experience with ExpressJS a plus)
- Experience in AAD B2C authentication
- Experience in AAD - creating tokens and using them to fetch data
- APIM Experience
- Front End Development
- ASP .Net web application in .Net Core
- ASP .Net REST APIs in .Net Core AngularJS
- Mobile development experience with React Native desired but not mandatory
- Understanding of Azure App services, debugging in Azure and managing application in Azure.
- Azure FHIR Service
- Experience in FHIR based Implementation
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SQL – SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle DB
- NoSQL – MongoDB or Cassandra
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job