Computational Finance Analyst, McLean, VA
Our client is seeking a Computational Finance Analyst for a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
It is desired to have someone who can work out of Washington, DC/McLean, VA.
Our client is currently seeking a Computational Finance Analyst with experience in the banking and/or financial regulatory sectors to provide expert analysis and consulting to their Federal Government clients. This exciting position will have a hands-on role in transforming the finance industry technologies and regulatory processes to enhance the safety and security of the US Banking System and Financial Markets.
Join a team that you can be proud of by contributing your expertise to advise senior government leaders, create prototypes and launch research initiatives, and conduct in-depth analysis to bring the best ideas forward in solving complex problems of national significance. You will be a critical Finance SME as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team working with the Financial Sector and US Financial Regulators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide expert analysis using data science and industry experience to improving the supervisory effectiveness of financial regulators
- Develop innovative, multidisciplinary approaches for analyzing financial and economic data and trends that may impact the US financial system and markets
- Advise government sponsors on the technologies and business processes impacted by the transformation of payment systems and the implementations Faster Payments
- Develop research proposals to explore new ideas and technologies which could enhance effectiveness of the Finance Sector; such as distributed ledger, faster payments, or new modalities for financial analytics
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling using financial or economic data to provide new insights which support policy-level decision making.
- Provide US Treasury and related sponsors with commercial and economic analysis of national interest areas, and methodologies to identify mitigation alternatives
- BS and 8 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- To be considered you must have demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following competencies:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Regulation
- Payment Systems Modernization / Faster Payments
- Fintech, Regulatory Tech and Supervisory Tech
- Data Science/Analytics as applied to Financial Analytics for Banks and Regulators
- Economic Modeling and Analysis as applied to Macroeconomic analysis
- B.S. degree in Computational/Quantitative Finance, Math, Computer Science, or Economics or related degree
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience in finance, financial market analysis, and/or financial regulation and supervision
- Experience working with U.S. Treasury, Financial Regulators, or the Banking or Finance Industry
- Hands on experience and demonstrated expertise in data science and analysis of financial and economic data
- Excellent analysis, technical report writing and presentation skills to senior audiences
- US Citizen with ability to successfully obtain a government clearance (MBI)
- 10+ years of international finance experience
- Ability to bridge finance, economics, and data analytic domains
- Thrives in working with multi-disciplined teams on critical national security challenges.
- Passion for adapting and developing new technology, tactics, and procedures for solving national challenges
- Advanced degree in Finance or a related discipline.
- Experience using Bloomberg or other financial market research tools
- Possess a MBI clearance
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job