Senior Cloud Security Engineer - Secret Clearable, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
Relocation assistance is available.
US Citizens Only. Client will process for a Secret Clearance.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you'll lead system administrators and engineers and collaborate closely with security teams to assess, plan, secure, modernize, and maintain operational and test AWS cloud infrastructures.
NOT looking for a planner/designer.
- Lead technical team in AWS cloud infrastructure security and improvement.
- Provide technical guidance to and lead discussions with customer.
- Understand the customer's environment and recommend appropriate technology solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future cloud technologies.
- Apply best practices for managing systems and services across all environments
- Operate under the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) model.
- Foster a positive culture while maintaining high professional standards for the team.
- DoD 8570 Applicable Cert for IAT Level II (or ability to obtain)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Security or related technical field
- Must be HANDS-ON.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- 5+ years' experience maintaining a secure infrastructure in the cloud.
- 5+ years' experience in Linux and Windows systems engineering and design.
- 5+ years' experience in cloud network engineering and design.
- 3+ years' experience designing and hardening AWS infrastructures.
- 3+ years' experience performing advanced Linux systems troubleshooting.
- 2+ years' experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management platforms such as Ansible, SaltStack, AWS Config, Terraform.
- Familiarity with zero trust networking principles.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps and agile development practices.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- AWS Pro Solutions Architect Associate or Practitioner Certification.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus Offered - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job