Contracts Manager, McLean, VA
Our client is seeking a Contracts Manager for a full-time, direct hire opportunity.
NOTE: Position is still currently remote due to COVID, however once restrictions are lifted, individual will be required to work out of McLean, VA approximately 2-3 days/wk.
US Citizenship required per client requirements. Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation.
Our client has an opening for a Government contracts professional responsible for all aspects of contract negotiation, management, and administration in support of contracts run by the Department of the Treasury and Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract administration expertise primarily supporting contracts for the Department of the Treasury and Internal Revenue Service.
- Serve as support resource and back-up on organization's contract for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Additionally, provide surge and back-up support in other contract areas, including direct contract engagements with other federal, state, local, non-profit and commercial entities.
- Actively manage and facilitate excellent relationships with Government Contracting Officers. Represent organization to external organizations, both U.S. Government and non-U.S. Government, building trusted relationships.
- Act in partnership with senior leadership, stakeholders, and colleagues, providing agile, responsive, decisive advice and counsel on implementing diverse and innovate new contracting strategies.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion in supporting project/program planning activities and solving complex contract issues, with a focus on clear communications and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Define, interpret, and implement corporate policy as related to contract commitments and performance.
- Identify, track, mitigate and resolve risk issues.
- Review task order descriptions of work applying contracting expertise and technical understanding of organization's competencies to determine appropriateness of work.
- Provide timely input into contract systems in response to awards and modifications.
- Provide timely and responsive generation and negotiation of supporting contractual documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, software evaluation. license agreements and public release requests.
- Provide contractual and business recommendations to technical staff regarding proprietary information, patent disclosures, intellectual property, and other contract issues
- Review and manage Contract Performance Review Assessments (CPARs).
- Work closely with Finance in managing account receivables and answering Sponsor inquiries about invoices.
- Work with Close-out team to ensure proper close-out of Task Orders.
- 8-10 years of experience in Federal Government contract negotiation/administration.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Government contract laws and regulations.
- Experience working with multiple contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Reimbursable, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions, manage and prioritize workload and meet deadlines independently.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to initiate and foster collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications in a Windows environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Experience submitting proposals and negotiating contracts with State, Local and non-profit institutions.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job