The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer, Remote
Our client, based out of Maryland, is seeking a Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer. This can be a contract to hire or Direct Hire opportunity.
We are looking for a resourceful Full-Stack Developer who is an expert in modern web technologies, and is comfortable working in the ambiguity involved with new product concepts. The Full-Stack Developer will work as part of a product team consisting of a Product Manager and Human-Centered Design Strategist, guiding technical solutions by taking a human-centered approach focused on business and user needs. The Developer will also collaborate with other team members throughout the lifecycle, such as other developers and policy analysts. This individual must be self-directed, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with research and design, product management, and financial and policy analysts to conduct discovery
- Based off of findings from discovery, work with product team to explore possible solutions to test
- Research and recommend tools and platforms that might be suitable to address identified business and user needs. May include COTS tools with ATOs and existing custom software
- Collaborate with research and design and product management to develop technical prototypes, or contribute to design prototypes, for testing with end users
- Function as a full-stack developer for the product team
- Develop and contribute to the design of appropriate data visualizations for complex data sets to drive business outcomes
- Drive critical technical principles like security, reusability, efficiency, and scalability
- Contribute to cultural and process transformation toward a modern product team working model
- 6+ years as a full-stack engineering generalist, with a wide range of experience with modern technologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Must be fluent with SQL, as the role may require creating visualization prototypes in tools like Tableau
- Experience with Agile and SAFe methodologies
- Experience developing proof-of-concept prototypes for user testing
- Familiarity/comfort with human-centered design, user research, and user experience methodologies
- Government and/or healthcare experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven experience presenting and communicating technical proposals to non-technical customers and stakeholders to obtain buy-in
- Comfort with the ambiguity involved in the discovery phase of initiatives
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture
- Experience contributing to organizational transformation
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job