Director of Engineering/Solutions Architect, Remote
Our client, based out of Maryland, is seeking a Director of Engineering/Solutions Architect. This can be a contract to hire or Direct Hire opportunity.
Our client is seeking a hands-on Director of Engineering/Solutions Architect to provide both technical and people leadership for a large government contract supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center (CMMI). You will provide management for multiple engineering teams such as DevOps, Security, and Operations. You will be accountable for overall solution quality, be a champion for best practices (e.g. performance, scalability, maintainability), be a mentor for all technical resources, and work effectively in a highly matrixed organization. You should have a practical approach to architecture, a modern approach to software development, and servant leadership style. This is customer facing role with high visibility to stakeholders.
- 13+ years of experience in relevant engineering/technology work; prior experience with CMS is a plus
- 5+ years of experience with people management
- 5+ years of experience in software development; working in an agile software product development environment
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise, solution, technology, or security architecture
- 3+ years of experience as a remote work or distant leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and bring rational thinking and a calm demeanor during difficult situations
- Hands-on technical experience with the ability to lead teams through complex troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Prior experience with production support and ITIL practices. CMMI Level 4 support or CCMI Level 4 development is a plus
- Understands complex enterprise, cloud-based concepts and effectively employs appropriate engineering practices
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as product owners, scrum masters, product/platform managers, testers, developers, DevOps engineers, and information security analysts while delivering solutions
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with multiple relational database management systems
- Understands the benefits and ideal uses of various programming languages
- Possesses significant knowledge of modern micro-services based architectures
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder and vendor relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- MS SharePoint and MS Teams
- Java, JSP, HTML, CSS, Angular, JQuery
- Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with open software
- Microstrategy Business Analytics
- Web Sphere Application Server, Portal, MQ, Spring
- DevOps - Jira, Confluence, Slack, GitHub, CI/CD, Jenkins, SonarQube, Splunk, New Relic
- Oracle Database
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job