Financial Business Manager, Elkridge, MD
Our client is seeking a Financial Business Manager for a contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
- The Financial Business Manager (Program Finance Director) provides day-to-day leadership for finance, accounting and administrative functions.
- This position’s responsibilities include oversite of accounting, relationships with teaming partners, subcontractors and technology consultants and financial risk management.
- The Financial Business Manager recommends and implements methods for increasing the program’s efficiency and profitability.
- They analyze the company’s business model and finances and they use their findings to make suggestions for improvement regarding everything from budget and operations to management.
- They often work as liaisons between multiple teams including customer service, product development and management.
- Perform Financial Analysis
Conduct complex financial analysis to determine present and future performance. Documenting all data and findings thoroughly, the Financial Business Manager presents findings to appropriate management personnel. Financial forecasting is a crucial part of this process and is used to aid in budget creation.
- Create Budgets and Maintain Forecasts
Evaluates previous budgets, expenditures, and operational efficiency together with results of overall financial analysis in order to develop and implement future budgets. They monitor a company’s expenditures and profits regularly, ensuring cost effectiveness and making recommendations to management to maximize profits. Manage forecast updates to evaluate impact on program profitability.
Using results from financial and budget analysis data, the Financial Business Manager communicates results and presents business recommendations to upper and executive-level management staff. These recommendations may include cost reduction measures, revenue generation ideas, and ways to streamline operations or increase customer satisfaction.
As the resident expert in the company’s finances and business operations, the Financial Business Manager provides financial training and business education to the company’s employees. This training is not comprehensive but rather covers concepts that are relevant to the completion of their jobs and will aid in the overall efficiency of the company. The Financial Business Manager may also train less experienced financial analysts.
Support program proposal pricing activity. Work closely with Program Managers to obtain Basis of Estimate data. Provide consolidated data to Pricing Manager, assist with data validation and profitability analysis of pricing output(s).
Oversee all Earned Value reporting and system aspects. Liaison with Corporate Compliance Manager to ensure system and process integrity. Support the Earned Value team in implementation of pricing data into the Earned Value system and perform system maintenance to ensure data integrity and accuracy. Review and validate all Earned Value reporting including Schedule Performance Index, Cost Performance Index and Cost Performance Reports.
Support schedule activity of the Master Scheduler. Confirm correct establishment of work packages and structure to ensure performance measurement capabilities. Validate accuracy of resource data that must be in alignment with the Earned Value system as well as customer engagement agreements.
Financial Business Manager Skills:
Highly detail-oriented, possess strong analytical abilities and a quantitative background. In addition to these skills, they must also be great communicators in order to work with, educate, and advice other teams. With the ultimate goal of increasing productivity for the entire company, Financial Business Manager are phenomenal leaders and highly motivated.
- Exceptional problem identification and resolution skills. The success of this position requires strong tenacity in identifying issues and creating resolution. This skill is required in much of the technical aspects of the job as well as with process review and improvement.
- Strong understanding of government rate structure in various contract vehicles and different requirements to analyzing program profitability. The Program Finance Director should understand the different key drivers of profit analysis between contract types. This position requires extreme detail-oriented skills to correctly track, manage and analyze the impact of multiple labor changes that will occur throughout the life of the program Demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Showing knowledge of standard accounting procedures.
- Support all EV aspect of the customer required Integrated Baseline Review (IBR). This includes Control Account Manager (CAM) training and preparation, development of CAM notebooks and preparation of IBR artifacts and EV plans.
- Preparation of customer invoice including account-level data validation against detailed accounting system bottom-level data, ensure funding data integrity, provide executive summary, and all other aspects of invoice preparation.
- Prepare and submit customer monthly financial reports utilizing bottom-level accounting system data. Validate all aspects of reports against current month invoice and reconciled data.
- Support all subcontractor activity including monthly meeting with subcontractor partners to discuss relevant issues and provide support in recruitment and other activities, support and assist in the management of the subcontractor database, liaison with the Contracts department to support contract modifications, and oversee subcontractor overtime approval process and implement safeguards to avoid unapproved subcontractor time-charging.
- Track all program changes in labor and other direct cost (ODC) management to allow for accurate forecast tracking. Engage closely with Program Management, Recruiting and HR to ensure accuracy of all labor changes and impact to forecast.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Accounting and Contracts to manage all details of software/hardware licenses and purchases. Provide timely management of subscription renewals and evaluation of estimated data storage and computation expenses vs. actual activity and financial impact of variances.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepare and present finance reports and metrics, communicating critical financial matters to leadership.
- Develop financial plan and oversee financial budgeting and forecasting for the business. Track financial activity against forecast and contract pricing basis.
- Develop profit and loss plan to ensure maximized returns and profit targets.
- Review the actual results against the budgeted goals to identify and correct accounting issues and variances.
- Support key decision maker for financial related commitments in business projects.
- Enhance the financial processes for profitability and revenue growth.
- Inspect and approve all vendor contracts and account expenses of the program.
- Manage a finance team for the delivery of monthly targets successfully.
- Support process improvement initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Minimum of BA, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in accounting, financial and government contracting, including understanding of rate impact on profitability.
- Ability to identify, diagnose and solve multiple issues on both a finance/accounting level as well as within process management.
- Experience with tax reporting, audit and legal compliance for non-profit organizations
- Proven financial analytical skills including ability to identify risks, opportunities, trends and relationships.
- Proactive and resourceful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated maturity and seasoned judgement.
- Ability to make decisions, justify recommendations and be responsible and clear with stakeholders.
- Extremely strong analytical and technical financial analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job