Director of Human Resources, Remote/Washington, DC
Our client, located in Washington, DC, is seeking a Director of Human Resources for a full-time opportunity.
NOTE: Company is still working remote, with possibility of returning to office in Fall 2021.
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a hands-on business partner who helps direct and shape their growing organization. The Director of Human Resources will work closely with the with the leadership team – including their technical services organization, delivery organization, and business development – to establish, implement and manage HR policies and programs across the company. The ideal candidate will be a true HR generalist, capable of managing all aspects of human resources including employee relations, performance management, recruiting and selection, benefits administration, compensation administration, compliance, and organizational development.
- Design and maintain company-wide human resources policies and programs
- Create and execute recruiting strategy for junior through management level hires to include creative sourcing, behavioral interviewing, offer negotiation and on-boarding
- Manage company-wide benefits program to include reviewing existing benefits options, making recommendations on additional offerings, managing vendor contracts, and managing open enrollment
- Lead company-wide performance review process to include development of employee Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and annual performance reviews
- Assist leadership with compensation management to include making salary recommendations for new hires and existing employees based upon job title, qualifications, performance, location, market and size/health of company; Conduct annual review of salaries across the company to ensure equity of pay based on the same criteria
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues as may from time-to-time arise; conduct effective, thorough, objective investigations and serve as an objective, third party in mediating conflict
- Work closely with management and employees to continuously improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership to include coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions
- Be responsible for organizational compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Serve as a trusted confidential advisor to senior leadership
- Generate human resources data reports and keep meticulous and well-organized records
- Manage payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field
- 10+ years of human resources experience with at least 5 years spent in a management role
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including recruitment, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Strong background in employee relations and engagement
- Prior experience with talent acquisition and onboarding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the experience to both navigate issues and develop action plans
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
- Exceptional people skills including the ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- A high level of discretion and emotional intelligence, and a good sense of humor
- A dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification
- Prior experience working in a growth company environment to include the ability to wear many hats, pick up new skills quickly and the ability to thrive in a fast paced company with limited infrastructure (on purpose)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job