Proposal Manager, McLean, VA
Our client is seeking a Proposal Manager for a direct hire opportunity in McLean, VA.
Our client is seeking a highly organized, collaborative Proposal Manager to coordinate and oversee all phases of the proposal process in response to federal and commercial RFPs and other solicitations. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow?through are the keys to success in this role. Qualified candidates will be proficient in planning and managing proposal development from kickoff to delivery. Experience in all aspects of proposal compliance is required, from developing compliant outlines to compliance checks during reviews to verifying compliance of the final document. Candidates must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines while managing multiple simultaneous efforts. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in-depth attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Manage proposal efforts with technical divisions, subcontractors, and Contracts and Human Resources departments
- Drive the proposal process and be proactive to meet milestones and deadlines
- Develop and create questions templates, cost and technical proposal templates, past performance write-ups/past performance questionnaires, etc. in accordance to the PWS/SOW and instructions
- Manage technical volumes & sections, including technical & management approaches, personnel & staffing approaches, past performance, corporate experience and key contracts based on capabilities and past performance
- Maintain knowledge of lines of service and strategic directions
- Regularly monitor for Amendments, Q&A, or other updates to solicitations both during the proposal process and post-submission
- Participate and evaluate business opportunities and recommend bid/no bid positions based on analysis of capabilities and past performance. Partner with solution architects, sales teams, and subject-matter experts (SME) to develop response approaches
- Gather response information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks
- Ensure that agreed-upon elements are incorporated into a cohesive and persuasive format
- Help develop and generate strategies, themes, and discriminators for responses
- Follow and maintain writing quality by following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone
- Lead and participate in reviews
- Maintain a repository of responses that can be used for future opportunities
- Coordinate post-mortem process/proposal lessons learned
- Participate in selected Government/Industry Associations and Government briefings to Industry
- Assist with daily monitoring of several different Federal Procurement Databases for potential opportunities. Search/Review opportunities listed in FBO/Capture2/eBuy
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business, or a related field
- At least 8 years of proposal experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a Proposal Manager in the federal government IT space
- Demonstrated performance in managing tasks and resources in a dynamic and fluid operational environment
- Demonstrated capability to write clear, concise, and compelling documents in a variety of technical and non-technical areas
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the federal acquisition process, including familiarity with tools such as beta.Sam.gov, GovWin, Capture2Proposal, and FedBizOpps
- Experience developing storyboards, mock-ups, proposal outlines, and compliance matricesAbility to conceptualize and develop graphics
- Training in the Shipley proposal process
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job