Senior Drupal Developer, Remote
Our client, based out of Fairfax, VA, is seeking a Senior Drupal Developer for a remote contract opportunity.
Our client is seeking a senior full stack Drupal developer who is intimately familiar with Drupal site building, custom module development, front-end/theming. In this highly matrixed, team-centric environment, you will need to have excellent communication skills and be responsible, self-motivated, and not afraid to ask for help.
In this position you will
- Build, enhance, and maintain Drupal applications.
- Create custom modules and themes to provide rich end user experiences as well as comprehensive content management admin views/dashboards.
- Migrate Drupal 7 and 8 sites with complex custom modules to Drupal 9.
- Work on a variety of projects, for different clients, in different subject matter domains
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Collaborate with user experience, content strategy, product delivery, and non-technical program management teams.
- 5+ years developing responsive web-based applications.
- 3+ years developing PHP-based applications.
- 3+ years with Drupal, including migrating sites to new major versions and updating custom modules accordingly.
- 1+ years writing modules with OOP in Drupal. Ideally, you'll have examples of Drupal modules and themes you've written.
- Familiarity with 508 accessibility best practices.
- SQL knowledge. MySQL experience preferred.
- Experience with Git, Drush, Symphony and Composer.
- Familiarity and comfort in working in agile and waterfall development.
- Working knowledge of Drupal Ajax.
- Experience using CSS Methodologies such as BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, Atomic Design, etc.
- Knowledge of GitFlow methodology.
- Familiarity working in and with Cloud technologies like AWS and Acquia.
- Proficiency using PHP frameworks such as Symfony, CakePHP, Laravel, etc.
- Understanding of automated testing methodologies and best practices.
- History of Drupal core, contributed module, patching, and/or other Drupal community contributions.
- A Drupal username would be helpful.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus Offered - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job