Software Engineer, Remote
Our client, based out of Ann Arbor, MI, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a contract opportunity. This position is REMOTE and candidates must be willing to work on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make software and web development contributions to important healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
This position will be dedicated to working on one of our client's cutting-edge projects to revamp a public health disease surveillance system that is anticipated to end in December 2022.
- Work with a team of software engineers and analysts in developing systems that meet all technical and business requirements.
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
- Able to effectively communicate with business leaders.
- Experience in developing prototypes of new concepts and technologies.
- Experience in software development methodologies and standards, test-driven development, data analysis, and reporting.
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly.
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines.
- BS degree in computer science; 3+ years of experience working on Java/J2EE applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Must have strong java fundamentals and experience with Spring or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns etc.
- Technical development experience with REST/SOAP web services.
- Experience with modern SDLC tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift, Gradle.
- Prefer experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7 / QRDA III / FHIR or processing other custom formatted files.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning.
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship.
- Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS is a plus.
- Mobile development experience is a plus.
- Candidates with MIRTH or SOLR experience a huge plus.
- Candidates with Tableau/Power BI experience a huge plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job