Human Resources Director, North Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Director for a contract to hire opportunity in North Bethesda, MD. Potential to work up to 1-2 days/week remote.
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a human resources infrastructure designed to foster an employee-oriented, high performance culture and workforce and to support rapid corporate growth. Strategic responsibilities will include identifying/implementing innovative workforce performance development approaches, leading recruitment efforts aligned with company values, partnering with management on communication and feedback processes, fostering employee-driven HR initiatives, facilitating change management, establishing leadership development programs, and institutionalizing a positive employer-employee relationship promoting a high level of employee morale and motivation. Operational responsibilities will include leading compliance of HR processes/systems with regulatory requirements, establishing wage/salary structures, hiring/recruitment, policy development and documentation, defining training programs, monitoring HR metrics, conflict resolution, etc. The HR Director will also have oversight over facilities management.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive HR strategy including recruiting, staffing, processing, compensation, benefits, records management, safety, succession planning, training, employee relations and retention, and compliance
- Administer and oversee the implementation of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines through supervising the work of HR staff and work with the client's Leadership Team. Identify and implement cost-effective strategies for HR management
- Manage and implement performance management system
- Keep the client's leadership informed of significant workforce issues
- Guide the selection, administration and maintenance of the client's compensation and benefits policies and programs
- Monitor company compliance with existing and emerging governmental labor laws, to minimize liability risks. Assure compliance with governmental programs and reporting requirements such as Affirmative Action Plan requirements (and EEO reporting), VETS reporting, etc.
- Assure that company policies/programs and employee manuals are updated to comply with regulatory labor law changes, highlighting areas of concern and providing options to address them
- Manage employment-related communication and feedback
- Conduct investigations when employees bring forth complaints or concerns
- Review, guide, approve, and assist in employment terminations
- Select, maintain and monitor employee information systems
- Oversee employee satisfaction and performance metrics
- Participate in assessing training needs and implement strategies to address knowledge, skills and ability gaps
- English fluency, both written and verbal
- BA degree required, MA degree preferred
- At least 8 years of Human Resources managerial and supervisory experience in public or private personnel management
- Knowledge of MD/DC/VA labor laws required; knowledge of CA labor laws a plus
- Experience with geographically dispersed and multicultural workforce
- Experience with managing HR function in a consulting environment with quick turn around hiring needs, and maintaining high billability of staff across projects
- Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with other management staff, employees and the general public
- Demonstrated effectiveness in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Experience developing strategic HR plans and approaches
- Knowledge of emerging trends in HR
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Internet research
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job