Marketing Associate, Washington, DC
Our client, located in Washington, DC, is seeking a Marketing Associate for a partially remote, direct hire opportunity.
The client is looking for a Marketing Associate to join their team. This individual will support and help lead the production of high-quality technical marketing materials that describe the client's capabilities and past performance. The selected candidate will be responsible for the production, updates, organization, and maintenance of the client's large (and growing) library of detailed technical documents and slide decks. This individual will become well-versed in the company's projects and capabilities and will work collaboratively across teams with project managers, analysts, developers, and technical subject matter experts to ensure that our technical marketing collateral always reflects the client's "latest-and-greatest" accomplishments.
- Create, edit, and maintain project slides, case study decks, a content library (using Confluence wiki) and other materials to include technical white papers, glossies, website content, and videos that describe the client's capabilities and past performance.
- Sift through rough drafts, unstructured notes, or large volumes of writing to identify the most salient and relevant content, and then convert it into concise and compelling descriptions.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
- Understand and apply rules regarding writing style, and be able to edit written materials accordingly.
- Maintain exquisite organization of files and track their creation and upkeep; be a reliable steward of folders and content databases, always aware of which materials are current and which need to be updated (and when).
- Regularly communicate polite and detailed requests for content updates and track responsibilities, process steps, and deadlines.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the client's services, technologies, capabilities, and past performance.
- Lead meetings with internal stakeholders to elicit, write, clarify, translate, communicate, and simplify written content.
- Fill content gaps based on ideas from internal subject matter experts and make clarifications that ensure our materials always meet the client's standards of excellence.
- Be an arbiter of completeness and quality; be able to read technical content and identify gaps and imprecision in writing.
- Present finished work to senior leadership on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the client's Business Development team and partners have the focused technical descriptions to successfully position, sell, and deploy the client's solutions.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in a fast-paced business environment with responsibility for written deliverables.
- An academic or professional background that has prepared you to think critically, write convincingly, and methodically organize content about highly technical subject matter.
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, thrives on list-making and spreadsheets, and can keep track of multiple projects at a time without letting anything drop.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and diagrams.
- Willingness to study and own the job as precisely instructed before making process changes.
- Works well under pressure, takes ownership over assignments, and has the drive to organize and manage in all directions (up, down, and across peers).
- Excellent written skills in English and strong interpersonal communication skills, including masterful email etiquette and extreme clarity and precision in writing.
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Exceptional computer savvy, including mastery of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in healthcare, technology, or data analytics is a plus (but not required).
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Google Drive a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree required (technical degree not necessary).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job