Sr. Systems/Network Administrator, Baltimore/Columbia, MD/Remote
Our client is seeking a Sr. Systems/Network Administrator for a Direct Hire opportunity. Work will support our client's Baltimore and Columbia, MD offices in addition to some remote potential.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Systems/Network Administrator who will support their day-to-day operations and evolving IT needs. In this role, you will be expected to operate, improve, and secure the Corporate IT environment and the infrastructure supporting the client's product offerings. This includes macOS endpoints, Windows and Linux servers and services, Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls, Office 365, Amazon Web Services, and Atlassian Cloud.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems, including implementing vulnerability management activities, examining system data, and implementing improvements for reliability and performance.
- Identify and correct hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and network devices.
- Monitor and respond to infrastructure generated alerts.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise users and management on appropriate actions for all aspects of the IT environment.
- Follow up with users to ensure issues are fully resolved.
- Follow help desk standard procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Document internal procedures for both system administration protocol and user assistance.
- Track user account creation, changes and deletions.
- Support and maintain user accounts including rights, permissions, and systems groups.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- U.S. Citizenship
- System administration experience with macOS and Windows.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Exchange Server, WSUS, and Office 365.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, including addressing, routing and network services such as DNS, NFS, CIFS, DHCP, and SMTP.
- General knowledge of system and network security concepts and best practices. Operating system and network device hardening. Strong attention to security and confidentiality.
- Understanding of scripting (Linux shell, PowerShell).
- Understanding of public key infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to move IT equipment weighing up to 50 lbs and ascend/descend a ladder to service wires and equipment.
- Ability to exchange accurate information when communicating with users on the phone to assist in troubleshooting.
- Experience integrating multifactor authentication technologies
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Amazon Web Services EC2, S3, and VPC
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
- Experience with Atlassian Cloud
- 'Experience with Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk)
- Experience with munki and autopkg (macOS)
- Cisco certifications
- Microsoft certifications
- Amazon Web Services certifications
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job