Accounting Manager, Washington, DC/Remote
Our client, located in Washington, DC, is seeking an Accounting Manager for a direct hire opportunity.
*Please note that this role is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but will likely be on-site in the future, with some remote flexibility.
The Accounting Manager will maintain the accuracy of the books and records of the organization. This position will report to the Director of Finance and is responsible for closing the company books monthly.
This is a manager-level role which could advance to a Director in about a year for the right candidate.
- Reviews and posts journal entries for accounting close and prepares related balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Validates and posts monthly financial accruals and reporting
- Oversees accurate records of the company’s fixed and intangible assets
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to assist in predicting future revenues and expenses
- Reviews monthly contract budget preparation and maintenance for accuracy
- Customer contract tracking and monthly project profitability reporting, including ETC accounting
- Assists with preparation of quarterly board of directors financial reporting
- Provides oversight and analysis during the annual budget (AOP) process for the next fiscal year
- Plays a key role in preparation for and completion of an annual financial audit by outside auditing firm
- Management of Unanet, Amida’s time and accounting system, to include timesheet review/approval, entering payments and reviewing trial balance
- Prepare and maintain corporate documentation to include corporate governance documentation
- Liases with preparation and filing of state and federal taxes
- Provides support to Human Resources to reconcile payroll and support state worker’s compensation and withholding state registrations
- Oversees corporate expense tracking, reconciliation, and reporting
- Maintains the integrity and checks & balances of the accounting system
- Provides various as hoc reports as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field
- 7-8 + years of finance, accounting, and/or business operations experience, preferably in a federal solutions environment
- Experience with Unanet a plus. Experience with CostPoint, SAP, or other ERP required
- Government contract accounting a plus
- Excel functionality including V-Lookups and advanced pivot tables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with careful attention to detail
- Excellent at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Easily adapts to changing priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- CPA a plus
- DCAA/FAR/DFAR experience a plus
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job