Our client is seeking a Procurement/Sourcing Analyst for a long-term, multi-year remote contract opportunity.
Occasional travel (2-4 times a year) to Michigan may be required.
The Procurement/Sourcing Analyst plays a key role in the day-to-day operations within the Strategic Sourcing division of Supply Chain Management. The goal is to provide strategic support to the Sourcing Managers via a variety of essential activities, therefore, allowing the Managers to focus on higher level projects with significantly more risk. Together, this focus on activities will support the division in obtaining annual financial goals.
The responsibilities of the Analyst are complex and varied but include functions ranging from handling the competitive bidding process for low to low-medium risk (but high volume) projects involving direct & indirect commodities and/or services; drafting contracts, contract amendments, and RFP/RFQ information; as well as partnering with the Supply Chain Informatics System (SCIS) team to ensure proper audit and reporting outcomes. The Analyst routinely handles and is exposed to confidential information.
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and core values of the organization's behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Maintains knowledge of the Group Purchasing Organization's (GPO) and organization's contract portfolio to leverage and utilize appropriate agreements. Coordinates and maintains system compliance by optimizing these agreements. Has a thorough understanding of the review and analysis process to ensure a timely turn around on agreement approvals.
- Works closely with the legal department and sourcing manager in the drafting and analyzing of communications between the organization and contracted partners. Communications may include a variety of items such as: routine correspondence, contract amendments and business agreements. Responsible for ensuring correct distribution, tracking, and understanding of said communications. Handles or assists in handling contract compliance issues based on complexity.
- In conjunction with Sourcing Managers, supports competitive bidding process on direct and indirect supplies/services/equipment; pre-qualifies suppliers, supports RFP/RFI creation, accumulates responses, reviews product/service information to determine applicability and any outliers. Involvement of Sourcing Manager varies based upon complexity, level of risk and knowledge/experience of Analyst.
- Drafts and completes execution of amendments to extend contract terms, participation of facilities, addition of products/or services, or other amendment requirements, as determined by contract requirements or as directed by Sourcing management leadership.
- Analyzes markets to determine vendor sources and product availability. Supports development of fact bases for major purchasing categories, including detailed understanding of descriptions of the product/service/equipment offerings and price points; recommended suppliers; understanding capabilities of current suppliers.
- Lends support for contract management system(s). May include duties such as supervising audits on database information, producing reports from contract management system, reviewing information input by Sourcing Manager, suggesting processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of contract systems and overall general support of processes surrounding contract management.
- Works with other Supply Chain verticals to support processes and procedures that optimize the value of the organization's Supplier relationship.
- Serves as a contact for RHM management-team members as it relates to purchasing/sourcing issues. Provides guidance and investigates issues raised by ministries related to contracts.
- Supports and contributes to process improvement that provides cost savings, increased efficiencies and enhanced customer service.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the organization's Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Thorough knowledge of supply chain principles and practices normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree with major course work in business or supply chain management AND 3 (three) to 5 (five) years of sourcing experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in advanced data analytics and procurement practices including advanced excel, access and tableau, vendor relationships, and market analysis for trends. Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of methods used in the access and use of information, the preparation of specifications and the analysis of bids and contracts. Ability to set standards for and create and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to identify problems, utilize originality and ingenuity to make recommendations and decisions, and implement solutions. Demonstrated ability to identify, investigate, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to research problems and present findings with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Solid customer service qualities along with excellent interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Must have ability to work effectively in a large, multi-level, geographically dispersed organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive and positive working relationships with all stakeholders and external suppliers. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Proven prioritization, multi-tasking and coordination skills within a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills and high level of initiative.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities with flexibly to adapt to fluctuating priorities.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.