Our client is seeking a Procurement/Sourcing Specialist for a long-term, multi-year remote contract opportunity.
May require occasional (2-4 times/yr) travel to Michigan.
The Procurement/Sourcing Specialist provides support to the Organization's Supply Chain Management (SCM) Strategic Sourcing Team for contract management. Assists in implementation of contractual requirements, communication to internal and external customers, and leads the maintenance of information into contract management system and associated systems. Responsible for overall maintenance of contractual obligations related to compliance tracking, expiration dates, and product/services tracking. Investigates and coordinates customer service responses on questions such as pricing and terms established within the contract. Under the direction of management, supports the Sourcing Team in the competitive bidding process for direct and indirect commodities and services including facilitation of simple amendments and compiling request for proposal information. Routinely handles and exposed to confidential information. Supports strategic sourcing activities with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, standardization of products and services across multiple categories of spend and quality objectives. Manages information important to initiatives associated with Lean and Process Improvement.
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the organization's Mission, Vision and Values in behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Provides support to the Sourcing Team for data collection and fact finding, to support cost saving opportunities, contract maintenance, database management and other ad hoc requests. May require reaching out to local RHM’s or business units to gather contracts and other related data and information for input into a central contract repository and other data sources as directed.
- Leads contract management system(s) support. May include duties such as performing audits on database information, producing reports from contract management system, suggesting processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of contract systems and overall general support of processes surrounding contract management.
- Responsible for providing accurate input, maintenance and ease of locating contract(s) in the contract management system(s) reporting portfolio for all sourcing verticals. Includes entry of contract information (terms and conditions), pricing, and key information for entities to execute procurement and payment and support general supply chain operations.
- Works with sourcing management on proper data entry protocols. Provides support and instruction for data entry into designated information systems.
- Creates and maintains central contract or data files structures (electronic and paper) in appropriate repository(s) for all verticals in Strategic Sourcing.
- Compiles sourcing documents, ensuring information is complete and accurate in order to load contract information to appropriate databases. (e.g. Materials Management Information System, Strategic Sourcing Implant Database, Emptoris, Contract Management System) and posts information to appropriate locations (i.e. portals, department web pages) for access by internal SCM customers.
- Supports and contributes to Lean and process improvement projects that provide cost savings, increased efficiencies and enhanced customer service.
- Analyzes customer issues as assigned and follows through to resolution for both application support and projects.
- Supports internal and external customers on price discrepancies and questions related to contracts and products.
- Facilitates with appropriate parties including Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and suppliers to ensure contract signatures, addendums and information are current in the contract database systems. Organizes Letters of Commitment tracking for various contracts and facility reporting outside of the GPO system.
- Under direction of strategic sourcing management staff writes basic contract amendments such as updated pricing exhibits, rosters, contract extensions, etc. and completes signing process and communication for implementation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the organization's Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Knowledge of purchasing, supply management, accounts payable or financial analytics with three (3) years relevant work experience. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Basic understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Proven cross-functional facilitation skills and excellent administrative skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power-point. Experience working with data management systems in web-based or database applications (purchasing systems) preferred.
- Detail oriented and has organizational and planning skills to support involvement in multiple projects simultaneously in an environment of competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with various professional levels.
- Self-starter with ability to set priorities and manage own work to completion.
- Ability to be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.