Business Analyst/UX Lead, Woodlawn, MD/Remote
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst/UX Lead for a contract to hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
NOTE: Currently, employees are working remote due to COVID. They will return to the Woodlawn office once restrictions are lifted.
The primary function of the Business Analyst/UX Lead will be to manage all activities related to the definition of reporting requirements and the interpretation of data. S/he will be responsible for validating the usefulness and necessity of existing reports, gathering additional reporting requirements, and establishing (in coordination with the CMS) the development priorities. The Business Analyst/UX Lead will also be responsible for making recommendations for improvement to the CMS's existing reporting strategy and transitioning towards user-centric design. These recommendations will include an evaluation of the existing end-user tools and additional industry-leading tools that would enhance the CMS reporting environment, suggestions for report distribution strategies, proposed Quality Assurance procedures, and suggested end-user training techniques and materials. Our client provides agile requirements gathering and breakdown for sprint story refinement, user experience (UX) design, acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), DevOps, automated testing to include comprehensive regression testing, software release and deployment, documentation, help desk/maintenance support, and knowledge Transfer.
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements and business processes.
- Develop, maintain, and provide feedback for customer process documentation.
- Provide clear and concise requirements documentation to include business, functional, and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop process models, use cases, and scenarios.
- Facilitate and manage group requirements review session.
- Manage requirements and artifacts in appropriate requirements management tools (Collabtool, Serena RM, and SharePoint) and facilitate the resolution of any issues with using the tools.
- Provide program and system expertise in support of the program and project leadership.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to work in design sprints, including collaborative sketching, rapid prototyping, giving and accepting feedback on your designs, and tracking your own work in task management Applications such as JIRA.
- Create and run qualitative studies (surveys, focus groups, card sorts, and interviews, observations) to include user feedback in the design process. Analyze results and clearly communicate findings to project teams and the Client.
- Build on user research and analysis to create user journeys, personas, and sitemaps. Present findings and recommendations to project teams and the client.
- Develop UI sketches, wireframes, and prototypes for desktop, tablet, and mobile phone sizes to show User and screen flow, navigation, and interaction details.
- Create information architectures and taxonomies for large, complex applications and websites with healthcare content.
- Present design concepts to peers, larger project teams, and clients, explaining the rationale and functionality, with willingness to iterate.
- With business analysts, develop and maintain detailed user interface requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work with the client and the project team to determine post-launch success metrics, and translate them into project requirements and action plans. Use qualitative and quantitative data to inform designs and solutions (web metrics, application performance metrics, focus groups, usability test results, client collateral, etc.).
- Manage the user experience throughout the lifecycle of your projects, ensuring a thoughtfully designed product comes to life by providing direction, consultation, and timely feedback during all project phases.
- Act as a project team and corporate resource for usability best practices and standards. With the UX team, help to define enterprise UX practices and standards where they do not currently exist.
- Hands on experience with any of the Wireframing/UX tools such as Figma, Balsamiq etc. to build high fidelity wireframes to meet/exceed customer usability expectations.
- Act as a resource for Section 508 accessibility issues as they relate to requirements, design, and implementation.
- Maintain confidentiality of information as specified by ManTech Information Security Department.
- BA or BS in human computer interaction, design, or equivalent professional experience.
- 8-10 years of experience as a BA Analyst/UX designer, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role working on large-scale custom applications.
- At least one year of experience working in Agile sprint teams.
- At least one year of experience working with responsive design.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lead and direct a team, manage resources, and to collaborate with managers across programs.
- Ability to accurately prepare written business correspondence and deliverables that are coherent, grammatically Correct, effective, professional, and engaging.
- Ability to elicit requirements using a variety of techniques, including: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Prior experience/exposure using Business Intelligence tools demonstrating usability of Dashboards, Reports and experience with design sprints.
- Experience with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) systems or with healthcare performance measures a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job